Sunday, February 3, 2008

Don't quit your day job

Don’t quite your day Job

Don’t quite your day job at least for another two years. If you are a new massage therapist you have hopes of getting out of school and opening up your own massage practice immediately. Chances are that is not going to happen for a least a couple of years, so don’t quite your day job. But what you can expect to be doing a lot of creative work building your practice. Things like:
1. Making cold call everyday
2. Contacting your existing clients on a regular basis
3. Asking your clients for referral and handing out your business cards
4. Doing chair massage
5. Studying anywhere between an half hour to an hour every day about massage and how to operate a small business
6. Writing out a detailed business plan (this is your road map to success)
7. Finding someone to mentor you
8. Find creative ways to promote your practice
9. Emailing people about your business
10. Networking with people.

I decided to be a massage therapist because it offered me the chance to run my own business meaning it offer me a chance to be in control of my own life and that was and still is very appealing to me. I still am prepared in my mind to do whatever it takes to be a successful massage therapist. I would even go so far as to tell people that I would be willing to do a massage in a Burger King bathroom. You must be committed to be successful as a MT there is no free ride and there is no get there quick scheme and there is no tricks. All there is is hard work and a lot of it. I am not trying to make you afraid but I am trying to let you know the truth of the matter. But I will guaranteed you this if you put in the hard work and you are successful overall everyday then there will be know way that you can fail. Many of us treat life like we are going out to dinner where we pay at the end of the meal, but that is not true to life. Real life is like a buffet you pay up front before you can eat, but the great thing about that is that once you pay you can eat all you want.
In gratitude
Acie Grimes II
720-490-1589

No comments: